Lawrence “Larry” Zavadil is a highly rated, effective commercial litigator with 31 years of experience with significant and sophisticated firms representing clients in complex commercial disputes in both state and federal courts. Trial experience includes significant cases in banking and finance, securities, consumer fraud, real estate, education, insurance, insolvency, and business tort claims, including consumer and employment class action lawsuits. Additional emphasis: both litigation and counsel to clients in matters involving non-competes and trade secrets, employee fiduciary duties, and other issues related to employee competition. Significant experience includes shareholder, partner, and member disputes.
Skilled and experienced in court and jury trials, arbitrations, and other evidentiary hearings such as preliminary injunction and temporary restraining order hearings, in addition to vast experience in mediations. Known for ability to resolve complex matters out of court when in the client’s best interests to do so, and maintaining a singular focus on effectively achieving client’s objectives.
- Zavadil Law Offices LLC | Sept. 2016-Present
- Wheeler, Trigg, O’Donnell, Denver, CO | 2014 – September 2016
- Husch Blackwell LLP, Denver, CO (upon combination with Jacobs Chase) | 2011 – 2014
- Jacobs Chase Frick Kleinkopf & Kelley, LLC, Denver, CO | 2002 – 2011
- Holme Roberts & Owen LLP, Denver, CO | 1990 – 2002
- Stinson, Mag and Fizzell, Kansas City, MO | 1987 – 1989
- Best Lawyers: Commercial Litigation 2012 – 2018
- Colorado Super Lawyers: Business Litigation 2009 – 2018
- Martindale-Hubbell: AV Preeminent 1999 – present
- The Colorado Lawyer–Evidence Editor
- Faculty of Federal Advocates
University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D., 1987, with distinction; Nebraska Law Review, Executive Editor